Adapted Physical Education (APE) Resources
- Adapted Physical Education: Hyperlinked to Maine DOE PE page: https://www.maine.gov/doe/learning/content/physed/adapted
- A guidance document developed by Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America), answers common questions about providing physical education services for students with disabilities. The document was developed as a resource to provide consistent adapted physical education (APE) services for students with disabilities.
- The National Consortium for Physical Education for Individuals with Disabilities (NCPEID) guidance for administrators regarding adapted physical education service.
- The Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (JOPERD),published this article in 2020 to clarify the myths about adapted physical education for students with disabilities and help teachers understand the facts.
- Response by Department of Education Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS). Dear Colleague Letters regarding Adapted Physical Education (APE).
- Preschool (2013): https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:944b52ad-de18-39c4-a92e-f95f2e17a3bb
- Transition (2013): https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:3cabb715-cab1-378d-8e2e-75f5148cbcea
- Provision through direct instructional service (2021):