Welcome to the Maine Public Utilities Commission website
Our core function is to ensure that Maine citizens have access to safe and reliable utility services at rates that are just and reasonable for customers and public utilities, while also helping achieve reductions in state greenhouse gas emissions. We strive to keep you informed of important proceedings, decisions and events that will impact your electric, gas, telephone and water service and rates.
|CMP Line Extension Case Conf/Tech Conf - Teams Only
|Versant Line Extension Case Conf/Tech Conf - Teams Only
|Rulemaking Hearing Chapter 815
|CMP ACF - 2022 Storm Deferral Tech Conf
|MPUC Case Management System Users Meeting
Recent Orders and
Cases of Note
PLEASE JOIN US FOR COFFEE AND CONVERSATION WITH THE COMMISSIONERS TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2024 AT THE DOUBLETREE INN, SOUTH PORTLAND.
UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES
- Resources to help with utility bills and conservation: www.MaineElectricHelp.com
- The Maine Water Assistance Program provides direct payments to water and wastewater utilities for qualified applicants.
FILING PUBLIC COMMENTS
You may file written comments in a Commission case via the Commission’s Case Management System. Written comments will be considered in any final Commission decision and become part of the official case file. Comments containing offensive language, threats, or profanity, will be deleted and will not be considered as part of the case. Confidential information should not be included in comments, as comments can be viewed by the general public, including the news media.
POLICY FOR IMPLEMENTING THE TRIBAL-STATE COLLABORATION ACT
- MAINE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION TO HOST COMMUNITY FORUM IN SOUTH PORTLAND (2/27/2024)
- AMY DUMENY NAMED ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR FOR MAINE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION (2/12/2024)
- Commentary: Maine PUC will do a rigorous job with the public's help (12/4/2023)
- COMMISSION ACCEPTS STANDARD OFFER ELECTRICITY SUPPLY BIDS FOR CUSTOMERS OF CMP AND VERSANT- MAINE PUBLIC DISTRICT FOR 2024 (11/29/2023)
- COMMISSION ACCEPTS FINAL ROUND OF BIDS RELATED TO STANDARD OFFER ELECTRICITY SUPPLY RATES FOR VERSANT CUSTOMERS FOR 2024 (11/28/2023)