Welcome to the Maine Public Utilities Commission website
Our core function is to ensure that Maine citizens have access to safe and reliable utility services at rates that are just and reasonable for customers and public utilities, while also helping achieve reductions in state greenhouse gas emissions. We strive to keep you informed of important proceedings, decisions and events that will impact your electric, gas, telephone and water service and rates.
|2021-00346||SRE Rumford Good Cause Exemption|
|2011-00138||CMP NTA Technical Conference|
|2021-00257||Maine Energy Technical/Case Conference|
|2021-00363||ISM Solar Good Cause Exemption|
|2021-00289||MWC B&S Technical Conference|
|2021-00342||DG Maine (West River Solar) Good Cause Exemption|
Recent Orders and
Cases of Notice
- #2021-00212 Investigation into Verizon Numbering Practices
- #2021-00073 Standard Offer Supply Service RFP
- #2021-00039 Grid Modernization Case
- #2021-00035 Investigation into interconnection practices by CMP
- #2021-00034 Utility Performance Case
- #2021-00024 Bangor Natural Gas Rate Case
- #2021-00004 Renewable Energy Procurement
- #2020-00316 Versant Power Rate Case
- #2018-00319 Consolidated Service Quality Indicies
- #2018-00194 Investigation into rates and revenue requirements for CMP/Liberty Audit of CMP Management Practices
MPUC Twitter FeedTweets by Maine Public Utilities Commission
Worried about energy bills?
- Maine is expected to see increased heating and electricity costs this winter due to global energy market trends. The Governor’s Energy Office recently released a list of tips and resources to help keep Mainers warm this winter https://www.maine.gov/energy/winter-heating-resources.
- The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps qualified homeowners and renters pay for heating costs. Benefits include help paying for fuel and emergency fuel delivery. For more information visit https://www.mainehousing.org/.
- Having difficulty paying rent or utilities? You may benefit from the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Applicants must meet certain income guidelines and must have experienced reduced income or other financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic. Applications are available online at mainehousing.org/covidrent or by calling MaineHousing at 1-800-452-4668.
- Need of assistance with your utility bills? Please review this list of available programs: Low Income Assistance Programs Available
Retail Electricity Suppliers
- COMMISSION ISSUES REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR NORTHERN MAINE RENEWABLE ENERGY GENERATION AND TRANSMISSION PROJECTS (11/29/2021)
- COMMISSION SETS NEW STANDARD OFFER ELECTRICITY SUPPLY RATES FOR 2022 FOR VERSANT POWER-MAINE PUBLIC DISTRIC STANDARD OFFER CUSTOMERS (11/23/2021)
- COMMISSION SETS NEW STANDARD OFFER ELECTRICITY SUPPLY RATES FOR 2022 FOR CENTRAL MAINE POWER COMPANY STANDARD OFFER CUSTOMERS (11/17/2021)
- COMMISSION SETS NEW STANDARD OFFER ELECTRICITY SUPPLY RATES FOR 2022 FOR VERSANT POWER STANDARD OFFER CUSTOMERS (11/16/2021)
- COMMISSION LAUNCHES NEW, REDESIGNED WEBSITE (11/2/2021)