Welcome to the Maine Public Utilities Commission website
Our core function is to ensure that Maine citizens have access to safe and reliable utility services at rates that are just and reasonable for customers and public utilities, while also helping achieve reductions in state greenhouse gas emissions. We strive to keep you informed of important proceedings, decisions and events that will impact your electric, gas, telephone and water service and rates.
|6/6/2023||Deliberations Audio/Video||10:00 AM|
|6/13/2023||Deliberations Audio/Video||10:00 AM|
|6/21/2023||Deliberations Audio/Video||10:00 AM|
|2023-00101||Bangor Water District Case Conference|
|2022-00322||Solutions Evaluation Criteria Meeting #1|
|2023-00051||Northern Technical Conference|
|2022-00322||Data Availability/Collection Mapping Work Group 1|
Recent Orders and
Cases of Note
2023-00009 Commission Initiated Investigation into Rate Center Consolidation for Consolidated Communications
2022-00100 Request for Long Term Contract Pertaining to New England Aqua Ventus
2021-00369 Request for Proposals for Renewable Energy Generation and Transmission Projects for Northern Maine
MPUC Twitter FeedTweets by Maine Public Utilities Commission
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Standard Offer Electric Supply
What You Should Know About Competitive Electricity Suppliers (CEPs)
UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES
- Resources to help with utility bills and conservation: www.MaineElectricHelp.com
- The Maine Water Assistance Program provides direct payments to water and wastewater utilities for qualified applicants.
FILING PUBLIC COMMENTS
You may file written comments in a Commission case via the Commission’s Case Management System. Written comments will be considered in any final Commission decision and become part of the official case file. Comments containing offensive language, threats, or profanity, will be deleted and will not be considered as part of the case. Confidential information should not be included in comments, as comments can be viewed by the general public, including the news media.
POLICY FOR IMPLEMENTING THE TRIBAL-STATE COLLABORATION ACT
This policy governs the implementation of the Tribal-State Collaboration Act for the Maine Public Utilities Commission.
- COMMISSION APPROVES SETTLEMENT IN VERSANT POWER DISTRIBUTION RATE CASE (5/31/2023)
- MAINE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION WELCOMES COMMISSIONER CAROLYN GILBERT (5/16/2023)
- MAINE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION REMINDS MAINERS OF THE NEED TO CALL DIG SAFE BEFORE DIGGING INTO THE GROUND (4/28/2023)
- MAINE'S SINGLE AREA CODE EXTENDED AN ADDITIONAL 27 MONTHS (4/26/2023)
- MPUC CHAIR THANKS COMMISSIONER RANDALL DAVIS FOR SERVICE TO COMMISSION, STATE AND UTILITY CUSTOMERS (3/31/2023)