The Maine Public Utilities Commission (Commission) is seeking proposals for long-term contracts to supply installed capacity and associated renewable energy and renewable energy credits from one or more deep-water offshore wind energy pilot projects or tidal energy demonstration projects. Bidders selected will enter into long-term contractual arrangements with one or more of Maine’s investor-owned transmission and distribution utilities, Central Maine Power Company (CMP), Bangor Hydro-Electric Company (BHE), and Maine Public Service Company (MPS) (collectively the T&D utilities). All inquiries about the RFP should directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you are unable to reach him by e-mail: Phone: (207) 287-1391 Fax: (207) 287-1039
- RFP (Word)
- 2013 Supplemental RFP (PDF) (Added 07/25/13)
- Experience Requirement-Supplemental Explanation (Word) (Added 12/03/10)
For instructions on filing bids, contact email@example.com
Key steps and timing include the following:
- RFP issue date – September 1, 2010
- Initial Proposals submitted – May 2, 2011 (updated 2/18/11)
Proposal Security Deposits will be held by the utility that bidder proposes as the long-term contract counterparty (Contact Information & Detail on Security Deposit Process (Word)).
- Request for Public Comment on Proposed Offshore Wind Project (Word) (Added 08/30/12)
- Proposed Term Sheet for Offshore Wind Project (Redacted) (PDF) (Added 08/30/12)
- Comments to Proposed Term Sheet (Redacted) (PDF) (Added 08/30/12)