Maine Green Power allows Maine electric customers to choose clean, local renewable energy for their home or business. The program allows Mainers to match their electric use with green power produced in Maine.
How Maine Green Power Works
Residents and businesses enrolled in Maine Green Power can match the electricity they use with energy from Maine’s renewable resources, such as solar, wind, hydro and biomass.
Participants will see an additional line item charge on their monthly utility bill for participating in Maine Green Power. The Maine Green Power Program matches the purchase amount with Renewable Energy Certificates, or RECs, that are produced in Maine. *[See Disclaimer]
For more information, please visit the FAQ.
Maine Green Power allows you to select the participation level that best suits your home or business:
- Half Block (250 kWh) purchase per month: $4.95 per ½ Block ($0.0198/kWh)
- One Block (500 kWh) purchase per month: $8.95 per Block ($0.0179/kWh)
- Ten Blocks (5,000 kWh) or more purchase per month: $6.45 per Block ($0.0129/kWh)
Businesses that choose to enroll in the "10 Blocks or More" option will be contacted by a Maine Green Power representative within 5 business days to discuss the appropriate enrollment level and recognition benefits for your company.
How To Participate
Customers of CMP or Versant Power may enroll in the Maine Green Power program here https://megreenpower.com/enroll-green-power-banner-2/
Need More Information?
- Review Maine Green Power's Frequently Asked Questions.
- For program questions contact 207-747-2414 or email@example.com
- Learn more at "Maine Green Power"
- Terms and Conditions (PDF)