Home → Hunting & Trapping
Hunting & Trapping in Maine
Other Items of Interest
- Moose Hunting Information
- Harvest Information for Bear, Deer, Moose and Spring/Fall Wild Turkey
- Expanded Archery Information
- Pheasant Hunting
- Registered Maine Guides
- Fur Tagging Stations (PDF)
- List of Registration Stations (PDF) - (bear, deer, and wild turkey)
- List of Moose Registration Stations (PDF)
Hunters for the Hungry Program
Hunters for the Hungry, is a cooperative program between The Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife and The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) within The Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry. This program provides a means for hunters to donate all or a portion of their hunt to a family in need.
This program has been extremely beneficial to our citizens providing lean, high protein meats to food pantries, soup kitchens, and homeless shelters.
Those wishing for more information on this program may call toll free 1-888-4DEER-ME (1-888-433-3763) or visit: http://www.maine.gov/dacf/ard/tefap/hunters_for_hungry.shtml