Request Transcript


The Department of Education does not have access to high school transcripts, GEDs, or HiSet diplomas.  The Department holds the student records for only the institutions of higher education on the closed school list (link) which read "Request transcript from the Maine Department of Education".

For GED or HiSet transcripts, please contact DiplomaSender at or 1-855-313-5799.

For high school transcripts, please contact the school or school district from which you graduated.  A search for school contact information can be found on the NEO database


If the closed schools list indicates that records from your school are located at the Maine DOE, you may submit a request via mail or email.

The quality and the organization of the files that we obtain varies greatly from institution to institution. Sometimes it is very difficult to locate a requested record, and sometimes it is impossible. Therefore, we ask that you provide as much information as you can to help us in our search.

In your request please indicate:

  • The name of the closed school
  • Your full name
  • Any other name(s) you might have used while attending the school
  • Year(s) you attended
  • Your date of birth 
  • Your address at the time you attended the school
  • Your current contact information, including address, telephone and email address

Maine DOE is only able to provide or verify any information found on an academic transcript.

Methods of Submission

You may submit requests via mail or email. Either way, there is a $3 fee per copy of your records. Make checks payable to: Treasurer, State of Maine. Please be advised that Maine DOE will not mail any transcript(s) until your payment is received.

Mail requests to:
Transcript Request 
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023

Email requests and related questions to:

Please put the term "Transcript Request" in the subject line of your email.

NOTE: A new transcript request document must be submitted for each transcript requested.