Educator Preparation Programs
Maine higher education units that have approved educator preparation programs are expected to be dynamic, strive for continuous improvement and utilize the outcomes of new knowledge, practices and technologies. These schools are expected to be involved in a process in which faculty and administrators, in collaboration with practitioners, are thinking and talking about the preparation of teachers and other educators. Institutions are expected to be committed to assuring that teacher candidates are prepared with the knowledge and skills necessary to assist Maine students. For this reason, program approval must be initially conducted and periodically revisited.
- Maine Approved Educator Preparation Programs
- Review Dates for Maine Education Preparation Programs Check back later
- Initial & Renewal Program Approval. Learn about requirements for the initial application and renewal of a teacher education program.
- Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation. How teacher prep programs can achieve national accreditation.
- Handbook for State Program Approval (PDF, 341KB) Check back later
- Checklist for Review Arrangements (PDF, 56KB) Check back later
- Samples of Evidence for Exhibit Rooms (PDF, 126KB) Check back later
- Suggested Schedule Template (DOC, 20KB) Check back later
- Suggested Schedule of Events for the Review Team (PDF, 104KB) Check back later
- Handbook for Review Team Members (PDF, 513KB) Check back later
Jason C. Libby