- Because we are not able to guarantee that someone will be available to assist you in person, we encourage you to utilize the online application.
- We have been notified that IdentoGO locations in Augusta, Bangor and Portland are the only locations open now in Maine due to COVID-19. There will also by no mobile weekend sites. IdentoGO is making contact with all applicants affected in an effort to reschedule.
- Mozilla Firefox web browser Does Not Work with the MEIS, please use Chrome, Safari or another alternate. If you are having trouble accessing your MEIS account please contact the MEDMS Helpdesk at (207) 624-6896 or email MEDMS.Helpdesk@maine.gov
- Waiver Affidavit. (DOC, 37KB) The waiver affidavit form needs to be submitted to the Certification Office by the Superintendent only, if a waiver is required to hire a teacher who is ineligible for a certificate.
- Ed Tech Upgrade Form (EXCEL, 11KB). Fill out and send in this form with Application ET Upgrade
- How to Create a MEIS Account
- How to Apply for a new Credential
- How to Apply for a Renewal
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. A voluntary, highly esteemed professional development opportunity for teachers with three or more years of experience.