There are more than 150 different endorsements for Administrators, Education Specialists, Teachers, and CTE Teachers each with its own requirements. Please see our certification requirements here. This will help you understand which endorsement(s) you may qualify for.
How to Apply
Pathways to Certification
Pathway 1 - Approved Teacher Prep Program
Applications received from graduates of a Maine state approved educator preparation program.
- Review your official transcript to see if there is a note regarding the approved program you completed. If you do not see anything on the transcript regarding this, please submit an approved program verification form completed by the college. The form can be found on the Forms & Resources page.
Pathway 2 - Transcript Analysis
Applications received without having attended a formal education preparation program. These applications typically have multiple transcripts with the requirements piece-mailed. Please ensure you include the transcript with your Bachelors confer date.
- Please be sure to submit an official transcript showing all of your coursework.
- Double check that your transcript shows a bachelors degree conferred or awarded.
- Please submit any praxis test scores that have been taken.
Pathway 3 - Out of State Applicant
Individuals may receive a reciprocal professional certificate who has submitted to a criminal history background check and holds a comparable certificate in another state, the District of Columbia, a United States territory or another country only to address the identified staffing shortage (Shortage area list).
- Please also submit any valid teaching certificates, all transcripts, and any tests you may have taken.
- A background check must be completed in order to issue. Please visit the fingerprint page to register to have your fingerprints done.