- Anyone who works for a school district that is over 18 years old
- Anyone who is contracted through a school district
- Volunteers may be asked to be fingerprinted at the discretion of the school district
- Step 1: Download, Complete and Mail the Application Approval Form
*Don't forget to include the $15.00 fee
- Application Approval Form
- Step 2:Register with our Fingerprinting Partner. They have a processing fee of $55.
- Visit IdentoGO
- Note:IdentoGO will provide you with an ID and Confirmation, be sure to keep that.
- If Renewing:be sure to register as a "new hire" or IdentoGO will redirect you back to the Department of Education.
- Every 5 Years, unless you have been continuously employed by a school district in Maine.
- **Coaches and Substitute Teachers must be fingerprinted every 5 years regardless of continuous employment.