Home → Business and Service Organizations
Getting Started with Business Emergency Planning
Maine’s businesses form the backbone of the state’s economy; small businesses alone account for a majority of the economy. If businesses are prepared to survive and recover, the State and our economy are more secure.
Maine’s service organizations play a critical role in our communities. Their clients rely on them every day – and during an emergency situation, their roles will be even more important..
Your business or organization can weather any storm. It starts with the planning you do today.
Here are some (free!) resources to get you started.
Maine Prepares Fact Sheets:
The document has moved here.
Apache Server at www.maine.gov Port 80
From Federal and Private-Sector Partners:
- American Red Cross: Ready Rating
- Make sure your organization is safe and ready. Ready Rating is a program that helps businesses, schools and organizations become prepared for disasters and other emergencies. Become a Ready Rating Member to see how you compare and where you can improve.
- FEMA's Ready.gov: Ready Business
- Ready Business assists businesses in developing a preparedness program by providing tools to create a plan that addresses the impact of many hazards. The five steps in developing a preparedness program are Program Management, Planning, Implementation, Testing and Exercises, and Program Improvement.
- Institute for Business and Home Safety: Open for Business
- OFB-EZ (Open For Business-EZ) is a free business continuity tool designed to help even the smallest businesses focus on planning for any type of business interruption, so they can quickly re-open and resume operations following a disaster. Resouces include a mobile app to facilitate planning.
- SBA/Agility Recovery: Prepare My Business
- SBA and Agility Recovery are working together to encourage all small businesses to have a recovery plan in place. SBA's programs and services are targeted specifically to small businesses. Agility Recovery offers testable, turn-key disaster recovery solutions and business continuity services for small and mid-size businesses.
- SBA: Disaster Planning
- Resources to protect your business by identifying the risks associated with natural and man-made disasters, and by creating a plan for action should a disaster strike. By keeping those plans updated, you can help ensure the survival of your business.