The State of Maine administers three Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Mitigation Grant Programs. See our:
- Hazard Mitigation Projects Fact Sheet: (PDF format)
- Benefit Cost Toolkit Version 6.0 (Link to download software)
- Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA) Toolkit User Guide: (PDF format)
- E-Grants: How to Register for an Account: (PDF format)
- E-Grants: Quick Reference Guide: (PDF format)
Nationally Competitive Grant Types - CLOSED
See the links to the right for more information on these FEMA programs:
Pre-Disaster Mitigation Assistance Program (PDM)
This is an annual grant opportunity that is not disaster related.
Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA)
This is an annual grant opportunity for properties insured under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
State Competitive Grant - CLOSED
Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
These are post disaster grants that become available after a Presidential disaster declaration. The application process is administered by the State. HMGP is competitive statewide.
If a grant program is open for application, an announcement will be posted on the Mitigation program front page.
Hazard mitigation projects are actions taken to protect property.
Typical project types in Maine include:
- Generators for critical facilities
- Culverts / drainage upgrades
- Bank Stabilization
- Acquisition / demolition
We welcome your comments and questions: please contact us.