Skip to main content
Links & Resources
Emergency Management Assistance Compact
- The Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) is the nation's state to state mutual aid system. EMAC has been ratified by Congress and is law in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
FEMA: Community Emergency Response Teams
- The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations.
FEMA: How to Apply for Training
- How to apply for courses at EMI and other federal sites, field courses and independent study courses.
FEMA: National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- The National Incident Management System (NIMS) is a systematic, proactive approach to guide departments and agencies at all levels of government, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector to work together seamlessly to manage incidents.
FEMA: NIMS Resource Management and Mutual Aid
- Information on resource typing, credentialing, inventorying, and the National Mutual Aid System.
FEMA: NIMS Training
- Information on the national NIMS training program as it relates to the NIMS components of Preparedness, Communications and Information Management, Resource Management and Command and Management.
FEMA: NIMS: Incident Command System Resources
- The Incident Command System (ICS) is a management system designed to enable effective and efficient domestic incident management by integrating a combination of facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures, and communications operating within a common organizational structure.
Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
- The Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) doctrine consists of fundamental principles that frame a common approach to exercises.
International Emergency Management Group
- The International Emergency Management Group (IEMG) provides for the possibility of mutual assistance in managing an emergency or disaster among participating jurisdictions, which include the New England States and Eastern Canadian Provinces.
Maine State Statute: EMAC Authorization
- Maine Statute authorizing EMAC: Title 37-B MRSA Chapter 16, enacted in 1997
Maine State Statute: IEMAC Authorization
- Maine Statute authorizing IEMAC: Title 37-B MRSA Chapter 16-A, enacted in 1999.
Maine State Statute: Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement
- Title 37-N MRSA §784-B Maine First Responders State-wide Mutual Aid Agreement