MEMA administers Homeland Security Grants in Maine. Since 1999, more than $100 million has been distributed to enhance homeland security and all-hazard preparedness across the State.
Grant priorities have been established in concert with Maine's Homeland Security Strategy.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/FEMA awards Homeland Security Grant Funds annually to the States. Maine allocates grant dollars to the sixteen counties and six metros. The identified subrecipients determine the homeland security funding priorities for the year. For more information, contact your County EMA Director.
State Homeland Security Program (SHSP)
SHSP FY 2020 Application, Guidance and other Information
2020 DHS Notice of Funding Opportunity HSGP Fiscal Year 2020 (pdf) updated 2/21/2020
2020 DHS HSGP Key Changes (pdf) updated 2/21/2020
2020 DHS HSGP Fact Sheet (pdf) updated 2/21/2020
2020 DHS HSGP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (pdf) updated 2/21/2020
FEMA Information Bulletin no. 446 (pdf) Notices of Funding Opportunity updated 2/21/2020
2020 HSGP Sub-Recipient Grant Application Form (xls) updated 4/10/2020
Other Grant Forms
- Reimbursement Request Form: (xls format)
- Use this reimbursement worksheet for HSGP and Stonegarden grants.
- Grant Contract Modification Form: (pdf format)
- Use this Grant Contract Modification form (revision date February 2020). Use for HSGP, EMPG, SERC and HMEP.
- HSGP Closeout Report: (xls format)
- Use this form to closeout FY 2016 HSGP, due no later than 30 days after final payment.
- Backfill OT Expense worksheet for reimbursement: (xls format)
- Use this form to submit Backfill Overtime Expenses for reimbursement.
- Training and Exercise expense worksheet for reimbursement: (xls format)
- Use this form to submit Training and/or Exercise expenses for reimbursement.
- EMPG-S Request for Reimbursement worksheet: (xls format)
- Use this form to submit EMPG-S costs for reimbursement.
Other Guidance/Reference Information
- Information Bulletin No. 407: Use of Grant Funds for Controlled Equipment: (pdf format)
- FEMA policy regarding grant funding for acquisition and maintenance of controlled equipment. This policy includes a list of prohibited equipment.
- FEMA Authorized Equipment List
- The Authorized Equipment List (AEL) is a list of approved equipment types allowed under FEMA’s preparedness grant programs. The list consists of 21 equipment categories divided into sub-categories, tertiary categories, and then individual equipment items.
- 2020 FEMA Preparedness Grants Manual: (pdf format)
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) FEMA Preparedness Grants Manual
For more information about Maine's Homeland Security grant programs, please contact us.