MEMA administers Homeland Security Grants in Maine. Since 1999, more than $100 million has been distributed to enhance homeland security and all-hazard preparedness across the State.
Grant priorities have been established in concert with Maine's Homeland Security Strategy.
DHS/FEMA awards Homeland Security Grant Funds annually to the States. Maine allocates grant dollars to the sixteen Counties. The County EMA offices then convene a process with their towns to determine the funding priorities for the year. For more information, contact your County EMA Director.
- 2016 NIMS Data Collection Spreadsheet: (pdf format)
- 2016 NIMS Data Collection Spreadsheet: (xlsm format)
- This form should be completed and submitted with 2016 HSGP MOUs. If you are having problems opening the .xlsm form and have an older version of Excel, you may need to install the Microsoft Compatibility Pack. An Adobe .pdf version has also been provided.
- Reimbursement Request Form: (xls format)
- Use this reimbursement worksheet for HSGP, SERC, Seabrook, Stonegarden and HMEP grants.
- 2016 HSGP Maine Inventory Reporting Form: (xls format)
- For use by HSGP and OPSG grantees to report equipment
- MOU Modification Form: (pdf format)
- This form is developed for use and dated March 2017. Use for HSGP, EMPG, OSG, SERC and HMEP.
- Travel Mileage Log: (xls format)
- This is a suggested tracking sheet to help both sub-recipients and MEMA finance dated November 2016. Use for EMPG, HSGP, SERC, Seabrook and HMEP grants.
- Invoice Tracking Sheet: (xls format)
- This is a suggested tracking sheet to help both sub-recipients and MEMA finance dated November 2016. Use for HSGP, SERC, Seabrook, and HMEP - LEPC/TRNG grants.
- 2017 HSGP Sub-Recipient Grant Application Form: (xls format)
- Federal Fiscal Year 2017 Sub-recipient HSGP grant application for State Homeland Security Program and Law Enforcement Terrorism Protection Activities. Counties and the Six Metro areas will submit their project based application electronically to HSGrants.Maine@maine.gov no later than 4pm, August 1, 2017
- HSGP Closeout Report: (xls format)
- Use this form to closeout FY 2015 HSGP, due no later than 30 days after final payment.
- 2017 HSGP Maine Grant Guidance: (pdf format)
- Read this guidance before applying for 2017 Homeland Security Grant Program funds. REVIEW/REFERENCE
- 2017 HSGP Allocations: (pdf format)
- Official funding allocations by County and Metros for 2017 HSGP grants. REVIEW/REFERENCE
- MEMA Exercise Policy: (pdf format)
- Summary of Maine exercise policy including compliance with FEMA grant requirements.
- Use of Grant Funds for Controlled Equipment: (pdf format)
- FEMA policy regarding grant funding for acquisition and maintenance of controlled equipment. This policy includes a list of prohibited equipment.
- FEMA Authorized Equipment List
- The Authorized Equipment List (AEL) is a list of approved equipment types allowed under FEMA’s preparedness grant programs. The list consists of 21 equipment categories divided into sub-categories, tertiary categories, and then individual equipment items.
For more information about Maine's Homeland Security grant programs, please contact us.