The page is designed to be a resource for EMS services, clinicians and most importantly, Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinators (PECCs). It is under frequent development to offer a variety of resources. If you have an idea or suggestion to add to or improve this page, please send a message to Marc Minkler, Maine EMSC Program Manager so we can add it!
As part of the EMSC grant, Maine EMS has a statewide system goal of 90% of all Maine EMS services to have a designated individual to coordinate pediatric care.
What is a Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinator (PECC)?
- In short, it is a person who helps with readiness to manage pediatric EMS calls
What qualifications do you need?
- You only need two things - Passion and Interest!
- You don't have to be an expert - as you learn, so will your colleagues.
- You don't have to have all the answers - it is a community of help and people to bounce ideas and questions off of.
- You don't have to have a ton of resources or have a huge budget - many of the resources you need are easy to implement and require little to no money.
What resources are there to help?
- "Coordination of Pediatric Care in EMS Systems" (PDF) (2017)
- Joint policy statement on pediatric readiness in EMS systems (PDF) (Pediatrics, January 2020)
- NAEMSP position statement on "Physician Oversight of Pediatric Care in EMS" (PDF) (June 29, 2016)