While the Department does not make curriculum recommendations, there are resources available. Those interested in home instruction in Maine may refer to these resources.
- Subscribe to Email Updates about home instruction from the Department.
- Check in with the resident public school administrative unit before the start of the school year regarding borrowing textbooks and participating in unit assessments or other public school resources. School unit contact information can be found here.
- Explore and learn about Maine’s Content Areas and Standards to inform your teaching curriculum choices.
- Check in with other home instruction parents and groups. Many have an online presence or can be found through parent groups.
- Read the Home Instruction Frequently Asked Questions.