As part of MDOE-CTE's Mini-Grant series for SY16 and 17, a team of educators and OSHA experts worked together to design and produce safety schemas. The grant's goal was to create a sample safety library to assist schools in aligning to MRSA Title 26 and the adopted OSHA standards located in 29 CFR 1910. Such alignment allows a CTE school to be better equipped to seek the Safety and Health Award for Public Employers (SHAPE). SHAPE recognizes public sector employers who maintain an exemplary safety and health management system. Acceptance into SHAPE by the Maine Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Standards is an achievement that distinguishes an organization as a model for workplace safety and health. Upon receiving SHAPE recognition, CTE schools are exempt from programmed inspections during the period the SHAPE certification is valid.
The documents below are the samples developed for CTE schools. Feel free to customize each schema for the intended school.
If you have questions about any of this material, please contact Shawn Lagasse.
1. CTE Safety and Health (DOC, 30KB)
2. Air Compressor (DOC, 61KB)
3. Asbestos and Custodial Staff (DOC, 40KB)
4. Bloodborne Pathogens (DOC, 42KB)
5. Confined Space Permit (DOC, 41KB)
6. Cutting and Welding (DOC, 117KB)
7. Emergency Shower and Eyewash (DOC, 208KB)
8. Fire Extinguisher Protection (DOC, 223 KB)
9. First Aid (DOC, 141 KB)
10. Flammable Liquids (DOC, 142KB)
11. Forklift (DOC, 113KB)
12. Global/Globally Harmonized System (GHS) (DOC, 797KB)
13. Hearing Conservation (DOC, 41KB)
14. Jack/Jack Stand (DOC, 89KB)
15. Ladder (DOC, 67KB)
16. Lift/Hoist (DOC, 45KB)
17. Power/Hand Tool (DOC, 53KB)
18. Respiratory Protection (DOC, 132KB)
19. Sprinkler System (DOC, 60KB)
20. Walking Surfaces (DOC, 157KB)