Access the standards in a variety of configurations
- Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects
- WHST in Chart Format– presents the writing standards for ELA and WHST side-by-side
- Writing K-12 Vertical Progression– presents each of the ten writing standards for ELA in the K-12 progression
Information to support understanding and implementation of the writing standards
- Text Types. From Appendix A, describes argument, informational, and narrative writing; their roles in the writing development continuum; clarifies the difference between argument and persuasion.
- Bibliography. From Appendix A, provides the research and reference foundation that informed the development of the writing standards.
- Evidence-Based Responses. Evidence-based responses support claims with evidence from a variety of sources including texts – print and digital – listening, viewing and observing.