Access the standards in a variety of configurations
- Standards for Grades K-5
- Standards for Grades 6-12
- Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects
- Standards Chart Organized by Anchor – presents the reading standards in a chart that highlights the relationship between and among the various text types relative to each reading standard.
- Each of the 10 reading standards reflects the K-12 developmental continuum.
Supporting materials to better implement the reading standards.
- Text Complexity. From Appendix A, an explanation of the three components of text complexity.
- Reading Foundational Skills. From Appendix A, a description of the role of foundational skills and explanation of the components.
- Bibliography. From Appendix A, provides the research and reference foundation that informed the development of the reading standards.
- Appendix B. Text exemplars to demonstrate grade level complexity; sample performance tasks aligned to standards and grade level texts.
- Text Complexity Resources. Tools to support analyzing complexity. Resources to inform professional learning.
- Close Reading/Text-Dependent Questions. Close reading strategies help students develop deep understanding of a text.