The Maine Department of Education is committed to assisting school districts in improving the quality and condition of learning environments for Maine students. More of the state-subsidized process
For complete information, refer to State Board of Education Chapter 61, Rules for Major Capital School Construction Projects.
The next rating cycle is anticipated to be initiated in 2024.
- 2017-2018 Final Priority List (XLSX, 56KB)
- 2017-2018 Approved Projects List (PDF, 52KB)
- 2010-11 Rating Cycle Priority List (PDF, 181KB) View the Final Priority List from the 2010-2011 rating cycle in Maine.
- 2010-11 Rating Cycle Approved Projects List. (XLS, 16KB) View the Approved Projects List from the 2010-11 rating cycle.
- Educational Specifications
- Space Allocation Guidelines
- Standards & Guidelines for New School Construction & Major Renovation Projects
Integrated, Consolidated 9-16 Educational Facility
Under the provisions of 20-A MRS §15905 and Chapter 61 State Board of Education Rules for Major Capital School Construction Projects Section 15 the Commissioner and the State Board have initiated an application process which will identify an Integrated, Consolidated 9-16 Facility pilot project. The intent of Section 15 is to create a new regional high school integrated with a career and technical school, the University of Maine System, the Maine Community College System and that supports industry training programs.
Final Priority List 2017-18