MEMA → Technological Hazards
MEMA's Hazardous Materials program is responsible for a number of preparedness activities:
- Providing support to Local Emergency Planning Committees and facilites which inventory hazardous materials under policy set by the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC)
- Facilitating hazardous materials training and exercises to improve preparedness of emergency responders, LEPCs and facility personnel.
- Providing information on hazardous materials to the public upon request in compliance with federal Right to Know statutes
- Administering federal grants to support LEPCs and hazardous materials response teams
- Assistiing facility owners and operators in complying with federal and state chemical inventory reporting requirements.
- Maintaining chemical inventory report records and accounting records of associated fees.
- Reporting to the SERC on status of activities and budget; providing recommendations for policy changes.
References and Resources
Click on the Plus (+) sign for more information on each reference
If you have any questions about this program, please contact us.