The Individual's Role
The idea of a terrorist or other violent attack is frightening. We may feel there is nothing the private citizen can do to help.
But there have been cases across the country where information from the public has helped prevent a violent crime, or has led officials to those responsible.
And as in any emergency, if we have planned ahead and can take care of ourselves and our families, it allows responders to focus their efforts on helping those more vulnerable.
Click on the plus (+) sign for more detail. And check out the additional partner and MainePrepares resources.
- Build an emergency plan with your family
- Make sure your plan includes how you will communicate with each other in an emergency
- Be aware of your surroundings
- If you see something, say something
- Stay informed
- Be sure of your information