Bennett Bridge, Lincoln Plantation, Maine
The Bennett Bridge, built in 1901, spans the Magalloway River in the vicinity of Wilson’s Mills and Lincoln Plantation. It has trusses of the Paddleford type and is 93 feet long.
Horace Bennett and Fred Taylor completed the abutments in 1898. The remainder of the bridge was finished by Mason Brothers, a bridge construction group out of Bethel.
The bridge was closed to traffic in 1985 and is
located 1.5 miles south of Wilson Mills.
Bennett Bridge Photo Gallery