MaineDOT Utility Services
The MaineDOT Utility Services website is a resource for anyone performing utility coordination for transportation projects and for individuals looking for Location and Highway Opening permit information. Here you’ll find the MaineDOT Utility Accommodation Rules, stand-alone utility policies, references and instructions for location and highway opening permits, as well as, MaineDOT utility coordinator and permit administrator contact information.
This website also provides links to utility company contacts by Town, references to the utility coordination process guide, utility coordination forms and letters, and links to Dig Safe, OK to Dig and many utility companies. Minutes from the most recent Utility Task Force meetings are also posted to this page.
- Utility Policy 2013-1, Pay Items and Opt Out Clauses in Utility Receivable Agreements (PDF)
- Utility Policy 2014-1, Adjusting Utility Structures for Mill-Fill Paving Projects (PDF)
- Utility Policy 2016-1, Criteria for Raising Utility Manhole Rims in Preparation for Paving Projects (PDF)
- Utility Policy 2016-2, Protection of MaineDOT-Owned Underground Electrical Service Connections (PDF)
- Utility Policy 2017-1, Wireless Technology in State ROW (PDF)
- Utility Policy 2021-1, AIS in MaineDOT Projects (PDF)
To meet the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (Pub. L. 115-141), Division P, Title VII (“MOBILE NOW Act”), Section 607, Broadband Infrastructure Deployment (47 U.S.C. 1504) to facilitate broadband infrastructure deployment in the ROW of applicable Federal-aid highway projects.Utilities can register to be notified annually of MaineDOT's Work Plan and upcoming Utility Task Force Meetings by registering at the link below.
This section provides links to information on current projects being developed by MaineDOT. Project locations and limits may be found at the MaineDOT Map Viewer link below.
- Project Advertise Plan and Schedule Information
- MaineDOT Map Viewer
The Utility Task Force was formed to facilitate communication between MaineDOT and the numerous utilities throughout the state and to provide a forum for addressing issues which affect utilities within the state right-of-way. Meetings are held one to two times per year and subcommittees, which address specific issues, are occasionally formed. Utility Task Force membership is open to any utility representative who would like to take part in our discussions.
- Meeting Date: October 15, 2019
- Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Meeting Date: March 29, 2018
- Meeting Date: March 30, 2017
- Meeting Date: September 28, 2016
Agenda Item Suggestions