The Penobscot Narrows Bridge Observatory is now open for the season!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visitors will be required to wear masks. No more than two household groups (totaling no more than eight people) will be permitted on the observatory level at a time in order to facilitate social distancing.
Taller Than the Statue of Liberty!
The Penobscot Narrows Bridge and Observatory is the crown jewel of coastal Maine, offering spectacular 360-degree views of the Penobscot River and Bay, the Maine countryside and the distant western mountains. Tourists and travel writers alike have been attracted to the unique character of this structure, its historical significance and the stunning vistas. Engineering and transportation geeks are fascinated by the award-winning and innovative design. Visitors of all ages and interests will enjoy this unique campus that includes
- the tallest public bridge observatory in the world;
- historic Fort Knox;
- picnic tables and grills;
- a diversity of interpretive panels explaining the history of the region, natural wildlife of the area and more;
- a covered pavilion for hosting family reunions, small weddings and other special events; as well as
- the perfect backdrops for your vacation or family photos.