Maine Crash Data
Crashes are devastating, with 30,000 - 35,000 fatalities occurring in the US in an average year. That number is close to the population of Lewiston!
MaineDOT can extract any police reported crash data from its data warehouse. The crash data can report on statewide trends, corridor performance, or a particular item of interest such as moose crashes. Data does help drive our strategies and direct funds that are dedicated to safety improvements. The linked information here provides recent crash data findings of interest.
Crash Records 2018 - 2022
- Collisions between Wildlife and Motor Vehicles (PDF)
- Motorcycle and Moped Crash History (PDF)
- Truck and Bus Crash History (PDF)
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Crash History (PDF)
- Crash and Highway Facts (PDF)