Maine Crash Data
Crashes are devastating, with 30,000 - 35,000 fatalities occurring in the US in an average year. That number is close to the population of Lewiston!
MaineDOT can extract any police reported crash data from its data warehouse. The crash data can report on statewide trends, corridor performance, or a particular item of interest such as moose crashes. Data does help drive our strategies and direct funds that are dedicated to safety improvements. The linked information here provides recent crash data findings of interest.
- Collisions between Wildlife and Motor Vehicles 2016-2020 (PDF)
- Motorcycle and Moped Crash History 2016-2020 (PDF)
- Truck and Bus Crash History 2016-2020 (PDF)
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Crash History 2016-2020 (PDF)
- Crash and Highway Facts 2020 (PDF)
- Maine Highway Safety Facts - 2018 Edition (PDF)
- Maine Public Crash Query Tool