Survey and Right of Way Information
Survey Section: The Survey Section of the Property Office manages the MaineDOT GPS Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS) program and provides State Plane Coordinates and Datum Elevations for MaineDOT's preliminary and construction engineering projects, as well as data referencing older surveys and older Right of Way Maps. Contact Harry Nelson for matters regarding CORS Set-up or to report problems with the CORS.
Right of Way Research Section: The Right of Way Research Section locates Right of Way Maps for Maine highways for use within MaineDOT as well as for private surveyors and the general public. Please
Right of Way Maps from Guy Ladd or Carol Storer in the Research Section.
- To get CORS RINEX data or to use the MaineDOT CORS Virtual Reference System, you will need a login and password. Please submit:
- End User Name
- Company Name
- Phone number(s)
- Email address of End User(s)
- Please request this data through Harry Nelson:
- Telephone: 207-624-3517
- E-mail: Harold.Nelson@maine.gov
- CORS RINEX data for post processing can be obtained through the same Logon and Password.
Information and maps are requested through Guy Ladd and Carol Storer, Right of Way Research Section. Please contact Guy and Carol at the following:
Please provide Project Number and Right of Way File Number, if possible. This will expedite data requests.
You can also use our map viewer.