Maine EMS Stakeholders,
It has come to our attention that several stakeholders have received an email that appears to come from Jason Oko's State of Maine email address regarding completing information related to an account status, and asking them to “see attached”, or to “complete the attached form and return it to me.”
These messages were not sent from Maine EMS and also contained an email address that was used as a “reply to” email address that was not a State of Maine email address. Maine EMS would never ask for your personal information or password in an email.
- What to do if you received one of these emails:
- Do not open the attachments
- Report the email to your IT department immediately.
- If you would like to verify if it was sent from Maine EMS, please contact the sender separately via telephone or email.
- What we have done:
- We have notified our Office of Information Technology
- Jason has advised all of his regular contacts to be diligent when they receive an email from him about attachments
Please see attached infographic related to email phishing you may find of use. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Maine EMS if you have any questions. Please stay safe.
Maine EMS Phishing Infographic (PDF) (8/26/2020)