The purpose of the SHAC shall be to advise the Coordinated School Health program staff of the Department of Education, the Department of Health and Human Services including Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and such other departments and groups as appropriate, on the provision of school health services and health-related activities in the PreK-12 educational setting of any public or private school approved pursuant to 20-A MRSA §2902 educational setting.
1. Have advisory input into the development, review, and revision of guidelines on the provision of school health services, health-related activities, and systems to improve school health including both physical and social environments. (20-A MRSA §6403-A (5))
2. Review and make recommendations on school health related legislation as needed.
3. Elect and respond to issues brought to the committee by the departments and other appropriate agencies and members.
4. Support the design and implementation of evidence-based, culturally- and linguistically appropriate guidelines and programs.
2022-23 Meeting Dates
Meetings are held from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday September 6, 2022 9.6.2022 Minutes
- Tuesday December 6, 2022 12.6.2022 Minutes
- Tuesday March 7, 2023
- Tuesday June 6, 2023
Emily Poland, MPH, RN, NCSN
School Nurse Consultant
Coordinated School Health Team Leader