Other Qualified Mental Health Professional (OQMHP) professionals are individuals employed by Children's PNMI providers who have a contract with the Department to provide Children's Residential Treatment services in Maine. These staff may be considered qualified for delivering these services if they meet the requirements set forth by the Office of Child & Family Services (OCFS):
- They have education, training, or experience that qualifies them to perform certain specified mental health functions;
- They receive OQMHP certification from the Department (OCFS) or it's designee that they are qualified to perform such functions;
- They perform such functions under the supervision of a licensed, certified, or registered health professional within a supervisory relationship
To obtain OQMHP Certification
- The PNMI agency must complete one (1) training record form (PDF), for each staff member they wish to be certified as an OQMHP.
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree in Social Services or a related field OR fulfill training in 9 competency areas within 90 days of employment by the PNMI agency.
- The training record must be completed, signed, and sent to Woodfords Family Services via US mail, fax, or email to the address on the training record form.
For more information contact:
Woodfords Family Services
Charlotte Hickling, OQMHP Certificate Program
15 Saunders Way, Suite 900, Westbrook, ME 04092
Phone: 878-9663 x. 4244