Children’s Behavioral Health Services (CBHS) focuses on treatment and services for children from birth to their 21st birthday. Services include providing information and assistance with referrals for children and youth with developmental disabilities or delays, intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and mental health disorders.
In 2018, the Office of Child and Family Services partnered with Public Consulting Group (PCG) to evaluate and pursue recommendations for improvements to the CBHS system. OCFS and PCG collaborated with leadership from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), OCFFS staff, families, providers, and stakeholders to develop a report on the CBHS system and formulate a group of prioritized strategies meant to improve the CBHS system of care. Over the last two years CBHS staff have collaborated with stakeholders to implement these system improvement efforts.
- Children’s Behavioral Health Services Annual Report - Calendar Year 2022 (PDF)
- Children’s Behavioral Health Services Annual Report - Calendar Year 2021 (PDF)
- CBHS Annual Report - December 2020 (PDF)
- Advancing Behavioral Health for Maine Children - May 19, 2019
- Bringing Accountability and Transparency to Child and Family Services Through Data
- Work to Improve Behavioral Health Services for Children
- Children’s Behavioral Health Services Assessment Internal Operations Final Report - December 18, 2018 (PDF)
- Children’s Behavioral Health Services Assessment Final Report - December 15, 2018 (PDF)