The Maine Early Childhood Workforce Salary Supplement Program assists eligible child care providers in paying competitive wages to address challenges in the child care workforce and ensure access to affordable, high-quality child care options for Maine families.
The program provides wage supplements to providers for eligible workers based on the workers’ level of education and experience.
This program is available to child care providers and early childhood educators who provide direct services to children in licensed child care facilities or are licensed family child care providers.
§3737-A. Early childhood educator workforce salary supplements
Early Childhood Educator Workforce Salary Supplement Program & Provider Transition Grants Registration Instructions and Webinar
Register here for Early Childhood Educator Workforce Salary Supplement Program
- Hold either Child Care Facility license or Family Child Care license in the State of Maine
- Programs must be open and providing direct care to children
- Programs must have a valid OCFS Vendor Code
- Programs must be active in the Quality for ME Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS)
- Employed by an eligible program
- Registered and active in the Maine Roads to Quality (MRTQ) Registry
- Must have completed the State approved health and safety training within 90 days of hire
- Must provide direct care to children
- All eligible staff includes family child care providers, owners and directors of programs
Early Childhood Educator Workforce Salary Supplement Program Contacts
Early Care & Education Specialist
Tel: (207) 624-7996
Child Care Program Manager
Tel: (207) 626-8683