Child Care Subsidy Program (CCSP)
What is CCSP?
CCSP helps eligible families to pay for child care so parents can work, go to school, or participate in a job training program. CCSP is also available for eligible families where the adult(s) are retired and are the legal guardian of a child.
Who is eligible to receive CCSP?
- Families must meet income guidelines (PDF)
- Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be currently employed, enrolled in school or a job training program, or retired.
- CCSP Program Rules (PDF)
CCSP Eligibility Guidelines
Child Care Subsidy Flyer for Families
How do I apply for CCSP?
There are 3 ways to apply.
- Print, complete, and return the application by mail:
- Call OFCS 1-877-680-5866 or (207) 624-7999 Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Visit your local DHHS office to receive a printed application. Find your local DHHS office or call 1-877-680-5866 or (207) 624-7999.
Who can I choose as my child care provider?
- Licensed child care centers
- Licensed family child care providers
- Adults who provide care in their own homes
- Adults who come to your home to provide care
- Relatives over the age of 18
How do I find a child care provider?
Are there out-of-pocket costs?
CCSP requires parents to pay a portion of child care costs on a sliding scale.
- Maine Child Care Market Rate 7/3/21 (PDF)
- CCSP Sliding Fee Scale for 2022-2023 (PDF)
- Parent Fee Coverage (PDF)
- Billing Weeks Schedule for CCSP (PDF)
Child Care Subsidy Program Contacts
Contact us using the link Below
Toll Free 1-877-680-5866 or 624-7999
Financial Resources Specialist for Androscoggin County
Financial Resources Specialist for Knox, Lincoln, Hancock, Franklin, Sagadahoc, and Aroostook Counties
Tel: (207) 624-7943
Financial Resources Specialist for Cumberland County
Tel: (207) 624-7995
Financial Resources Specialist for Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Waldo Counties
Tel: (207) 624-7906
Financial Resources Specialist for Kennebec & Somerset Counties
Tel: (207) 624-7980
Financial Resources Specialist for York, Oxford, and Washington Counties
Tel: (207) 624-7929
Financial Resources Specialist- Support Services
Tel: (207) 624-7988
Tel: (207) 624-7909
Associate Director of Children’s Developmental and Behavioral Health Services
Tel: (207) 624-7971
Child Care Program Manager
Tel: (207) 626-8683
Child Care Subsidy Supervisor
Tel: (207) 626-8660
Child Care Tax Credits
Maine’s Dependent Care State Tax Credit
The Maine Dependent Care State Tax Credit allows families to deduct the cost of eligible child care and dependent care from their state taxes. More information can be found on the Maine Revenue Services website.