Every person. Every talent. Every opportunity.
OADS is committed to supporting individuals with disabilities to get and keep jobs that provide money, benefits and a chance to build relationships in a business.
MaineCare approved Providers can provide services to people who are exploring employment options and those who are working and who own their own business.
- Community Support- job preparation and skill building
- Career Planning- learning about skills, interests and businesses
- Work Support- on the job support to maintain employment and learn duties and connect to natural supports
- Employment Specialist- ongoing support to build connections and assistance. on and off the job
Policies and Information Supporting Employment:
- Employment First Maine Act - Enacted in 2013 to ensure that Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Labor, and Department of Education offer employment services and supports as the first and preferred service
- DHHS Employment of People Served Policy (PDF) - Developed in 2014 to align services and supports for people to obtain and maintain employment
- Guidelines for Use of Employment Services in Medicaid Programs for Developmental Services (Word)
- CMS-Updates to the 1915 - Waiver Instructions and Technical Guide (PDF) - Regarding employment and employment related services
- The Association for People Supporting Employment First - Maine Chapter (Maine-APSE)
For more assistance or questions contact OADS Employment Services staff at Lisa.D.Sturtevant@maine.gov or call 207 287-9200.