Completion of the Maine College of Direct Support (ME CDS) is required for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) supporting Maine citizens with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The ME CDS replaces the DSP Curriculum to meet the training required under MaineCare Benefits Manual Sections 21 and 29.
Note: People who obtained their DSP Certificate prior to implementation of ME CDS are not required to complete the Maine College of Direct Support.
Training in the Maine College of Direct Support is obtained through Developmental Disability Services provider agencies. A list can be found in the Provider Directory.
Maine CDS Instructor Guide
- Cover Page (Word)
- Community Inclusion (Word)
- Cultural Competence (Word)
- Documentation (Word)
- Maltreatment (Word)
- DSP Professionalism (Word)
- Individual Rights and Choice (Word)
- Introduction to Developmental Disabilities (Word)
- Communication (Word)
- Positive Behavior Supports (Word)
- Human Sexuality (Word)
- Teaching People (Word)