Training resources are provided on this page for a variety of professionals and community members that provide services to individuals with disabilities or brain injuries.
DSP, PSS, MHRT, CRMA Training Resources
The following trainings can be accessed (with assistance through the agency that employs you) in order to obtain proper credentials to work as a provider.
- Completion of Maine CDS is required for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) supporting Maine citizens with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Maine College of Direct Support
- Direct Service Worker Training Project (DSWTP) The DSWTP has completed its pilot project, but encourages DSPs, PSSs, and MHSSs who did not participate in the pilot program to check back later for more classes. Training taken through the DSWTP will qualify an individual to work in the area in which they receive certification. The DSWTP is not replacing any current certifications but is being offered as a valid substitute. DSP certification through the Maine College of Direct Support remains the primary certification model for Direct Support Professionals with Adult Developmental Services.
- Behavioral Health Professional: Children's Behavioral Health
- Mental Health Support Specialist Training: Adult Mental Health
- MHRT-C Certification Procedural Guidelines: Adult Mental Health
- Muskie School Center for Learning
Case Management Training Resources
Trainings in this section are made available for Community Case Managers who provide case management to individuals with disabilities.
- Webinars: Specialized Communication for Case Managers
- Person Centered Plan Manual Introduction and Regulation Review (PowerPoint)
- Action Note Training: To review the basics of required Action Note documentation with Case Managers
- MaineCare Policy Summary (Word)
- IST Policy (PDF)
- IST (PowerPoint)
- Functional Assessment & Positive Support Planning (Powerpoint)
- Behavior Regulations
- Developmental Services Case Management Manual (Word)
- OADS Disability Services EIS Instructions (Word)
- EIS PCP User Manual (PDF)
- Emergency Response Ratings (Word)
Work, Community and Assistive Technology Resources and Trainings
The following training resources are available for:
- Employment Services and Professional training coordinated by DHHS and DOL with the contractor Syntiro, Inc
- Employment First, Employment for All Training and Support
- Maine’s Assistive Technology and Training
- Inclusion Training and Resources