Behavioral Regulation for Individuals with an Intellectual Disability or Autism
Maine State Agency Rules Title 14-197 Chapter 5, “Regulations Governing Behavioral Support, Modification and Management for People with Intellectual Disabilities or Autism in Maine” govern emergency interventions and the procedural steps that must be taken prior to the implementation of planned behavioral interventions. These regulations protect the rights of Maine citizens with an intellectual disability or Autism whenever these citizens are receiving any services funded by, licensed by, or provided through a contract or agreement with OADS.
Participants are entitled to the same rights as every other Maine citizen except as limited by reason of guardianship. The regulations, implemented as a result of Title 14-197 Chapter 5, are intended to ensure that any emergency or behavioral intervention that limits the exercise of any of a Participant’s rights must adhere to specific principles and procedures as outlines in these regulations.
Individual Support Team (IST)
Behavior Regulation Training
Behavior Regulation Required Documents
- Functional Assessment (Word)
- Positive Support Plan (Word)
- Behavior Management Plan (Word)
- In Home Stabilization Plan (Word)
- Psychiatric Medication Support Plan (Word)
- Supporting Documentation for Behavior Management Plans Levels 3 thru 5 (Word)
- Clinical Consultation (Word)
- Supporting Documentation for Renewal of Behavior Management Plan (Word)