WoodsWISE: Woods Wise Incentives to Stewardship Enhancement
Welcome to WoodsWISE, the Maine brand of Stewardship. Taking care of our woodlands is extremely important to the economy and well-being of our state. A key element of woodland stewardship is working with a professional forester to develop a management plan. The WoodsWISE Incentives program currently offers cost-share assistance for forest management planning known as a Woodland Resource Action Plan (WRAP). A WRAP will provide a good description of the current and potential values of your woodland, and a blueprint of activities to reach your objectives to maintain and improve your woods.
For more information, contact the Maine Forest Service’s Landowner Outreach Forester at (207) 287-8430, or a District Forester.
(PDF | 59 KB)
Some Useful Links:
An incentives program for Maine’s small family forests
WoodsWISE implements portions
of the Forest Stewardship Program
with funding and other support provided by
the USDA Forest Service.
Woodland Resource Action Plan (WRAP)
- Application (PDF | 302 KB)
- Landowner Instructions (PDF | 44 KB)
- Landowner Stewardship Pledge (PDF | 31 KB)
- 2016 WRAP Specifications and Appendix with highlighted revisions (PDF | 96 KB) (MS Word | 124KB)
- Claim for Payment (PDF | 65 KB)
- Affidavit - Proof of Payment (PDF | 70 KB)
Manual of Policies, Procedures, and Specifications(pdf format)
- SECTION I: Introduction and General Requirements (PDF | 120 KB)
- SECTION II: Forest Management Planning Menu and Reimbursement Rates (PDF | 12 KB)
- SECTION III: Full Inventory Forest Managament Plans and Silvicultural Operations Plans (PDF | 161 KB)
- Sections IV, V, VI are currently not in effect.
- SECTION VII. Woodland Resource Action Plan (WRAP) (PDF | 96KB) (MS Word | 124KB)