DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Maine Forest Service → About Us → Forest Policy and Management → WoodsWISE: Woods Wise Incentives to Stewardship Enhancement → State Forest Stewardship Coordinating Committee (SFSCC)
WoodsWISE: State Forest Stewardship Coordinating Committee (SFSCC)
The State Forest Stewardship Coordinating Committee (SFSCC) meets from time to time to provide comment and feedback on the Maine Forest Stewardship Program, aka the “Be Woods Wise” program. Meetings of the SFSCC, also known as the Stewardship Advisory Committee, are required under the authorities of the federal Forest Stewardship Program, which calls for “coordinating with partners to improve program delivery, including regularly convening a State Forest Stewardship Coordinating Committee.” This web page provides an opportunity to see the results of past meetings, and to offer further comments and suggestions.
The National Forest Stewardship Program Standards and Guidelines provide the underlying framework for the state program, including the elements required for inclusion in a Stewardship Forest Management Plan, among other things.
Please consider taking the time to fill out the Stewardship Advisory Committee Survey. This survey allows you to voice your thoughts and choices about various aspects of the Be Woods Wise™ Program. Your input is very much appreciated.
A wide range of individuals and entities are partners in this effort, including:
- Family woodland owners
- Private-entity Stewardship Foresters
- Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry
- Maine Natural Areas Program
- Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- USDA Forest Service
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- USDA Farm Service Agency
- Maine Association of Conservation Districts
- University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- School of Forest Resources
- Association of Consulting Foresters
Representatives from these groups are invited to offer comment and feedback on the Maine Forest Service’s education and outreach portion of the state’s Forest Action Plan, including the WoodsWISE cost-share incentive program.
Here are some of the presentations and results summaries from past Committee meetings:
The Maine Forest Service Landowner Outreach Forester acts as the Stewardship program coordinator for the state. You can reach this individual at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 207 287-8430.
Woodland Resource Action Plan (WRAP)
- Application (PDF | 302 KB)
- Landowner Instructions (PDF | 44 KB)
- Landowner Stewardship Pledge (PDF | 31 KB)
- 2016 WRAP Specifications and Appendix with highlighted revisions (PDF | 96 KB) (MS Word | 124KB)
- Claim for Payment (PDF | 65 KB)
- Affidavit - Proof of Payment (PDF | 70 KB)
Manual of Policies, Procedures, and Specifications(pdf format)
- SECTION I: Introduction and General Requirements (PDF | 120 KB)
- SECTION II: Forest Management Planning Menu and Reimbursement Rates (PDF | 12 KB)
- SECTION III: Full Inventory Forest Managament Plans and Silvicultural Operations Plans (PDF | 161 KB)
- Sections IV, V, VI are currently not in effect.
- SECTION VII. Woodland Resource Action Plan (WRAP) (PDF | 96KB) (MS Word | 124KB)