Maine's Healthy Forests Program
A healthy forest provides habitat for wildlife, clean water and air, recreational opportunities, and economic vitality to families. Healthy forests are important to our Maine way of life.
Timber harvesting, when properly planned and carried out in a sustainable manner, is a very effective way of maintaining and improving forest health. See how the Maine Harvest Satisfaction Survey can help woodland owners achieve excellent results when they harvest timber on their land.
View 2016 Harvest Satisfaction Survey Results
(pdf | 174KB)
Harvesting to Meet Woodland Owners’ Goals April 29, 2016 Old Town, Maine
Presentations from June 10, 2015 Stakeholders Meeting
- Broad update and summary on the Project - Jan Santerre, Project Canopy Coordinator, Maine Forest Service (pdf | 2.91 MB)
- Update on what the new National Woodland Owners Survey – preliminary Maine results – Kevin Doran, Maine Forest Service (pdf | 479 KB)
- 2015 Maine forest inventory – what the numbers are telling us and what are the trends - Ken Laustsen, Biometrician, Maine Forest Service (pdf | 1.78 MB)
- Unveil CLP Company Concept - Mike St Peter (pdf | 1.08 MB)
- Landowner Harvest Satisfaction Survey, H2MLOG, Profiles & Woodland Stew Stories, Picture Post, Woodland Owner forums - Andy Shultz, Maine Forest Service (pdf | 3.31 MB)