Upcoming MSSC Trainings
Interested in the School Safety Specialist Program? Fill out this form to be notified for the next cohort.
Interested in the Behavioral Threat Assessment tool CSTAG training for your school? Contact Dr. Karen Barnes
Human Factors in Homeland Security
2023 Winter Institute
An October report from the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reported that major catastrophic disasters in the U.S. resulting in $1 billion or more in damages are now occurring once every 18 days, compared to once every 82 days in the 1980s and mass shootings across the country have hit record levels in 2022, according to Northeastern University's Violence and Justice Research Lab. Now more than ever, powerful emotions, attitudes, and beliefs are shaping the threat landscape and behavioral response to disasters and emergencies. From heightened concerns about active shooters to the ongoing pandemic, powerful storms, acts of civil unrest, and domestic extremism, this dynamic threat landscape calls for decision-makers and responders to have a comprehensive understanding of human behavior in crisis conditions.
The winter schedule allows Behavioral Science Applications LLC to offer some of our most popular and useful training programs, as well as new and evolving topics, in a condensed 8-week institute format. The eight one-hour classes are offered individually and in series as certificate programs.
Participants can join the live, instructor-led online classes each Wednesday from January 11 through March 1 at 1:00 PM (ET),or view the recorded programs at their convenience. Attendance to the live classes is not required for the certificate programs.
Stay current with the ever-changing threat landscape and give yourself a strategic and tactical advantage by applying accurate behavioral assumptions in all of your emergency and security-related preparedness, response, and recovery efforts. Register for individual classes or a certificate program today! Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit here for more information and to register.
- Homeland Security Grant Overview 03.22.2022
- Food Insecurity, School Climate and Planning Considerations 03.15.2022
- Maine School Safety Center Introduction to Services 10.06.2021
- Inside Out and Outside In Planning 08.03.2021
- Food Service in Emergency Operations 5.27.2021
- All Hazards Approach to Planning 5.14.2021
- It Can't Happen Here! 4.30.2021
- DOE MSSC Truancy Forum 12.16.2020
- Engaging the Disengaged Student 05.01.2020
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting 05.14.2020
- Home Safety & Disaster Preparedness in a Distance Learning Environment 05.21.2020
- Child Sex Trafficking 06.05.2020
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children: Dynamics and Approach 06.12.2020
- School Emergency Planning For Fall Week 1 06.09.2020
- School Emergency Planning for Fall Week 2 06.16.2020
- School Emergency Planning for Fall Week 3 06.23.2020
- School Emergency Planning For Fall Week 4 06.30.2020
- School Emergency Planning For Fall Week 5 07.07.2020
- School Emergency Planning For Fall Week 6 07.14.2020
- School Emergency Planning For Fall Week 7 07.21.2020
- School Emergency Planning For Fall Week 8 07.29.2020
- Children’s Advocacy Center Response to Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children 06.18.2020
- Threat Assessment with USSS Watson 01.29.2021
- Behavioral Threat Assessment with Dr. Karen Barnes 01.29.2021
- MOU's MOA's and Contracts: Why They're Important 02.25.21
- Basics of School Staff Safety 03.21.2021