The Maine Department of Education offers teachers and parents resources for teaching gifted students and provides Maine school district administrators the guidance they need to develop and maintain gifted and talented programs. Implementation of gifted and talented programs remains entirely a local decision.
- Annual Budget Approvals. See approved gifted and talented program budgets from 2011 to the present.
- Annual Program Approvals. See approved gifted and talented program applications and approval letters by school administrative unit.
- Curriculum & Program Options. Educators may find these materials helpful when developing local gifted and talented programs.
- Forms for Annual Program Approval. Local gifted and talented programs must submit these forms annually.
- Identification of Gifted & Talented Students. Sample forms and other resources to help educators identify and nominate a student as gifted and talented.
- Program Evaluations. Program evaluation consists of reviewing each component of the gifted and talented program to determine to what degree the program is making a difference.