Increasing student achievement through supporting leadership growth
The Transformational Leaders’ Network (TLN) creates an ongoing community of principals engaged in learning about themselves and their leadership. Principals read current literature, participate in deep and meaningful conversations, and receive support and feedback from facilitators and each other. They also experience and practice a variety of processes and protocols they can use in their schools with their own staff members. This offering is a way to fulfill your professional development plans.
Benefits for Maine Schools
- Principals are members of an ongoing, supportive learning group.
- Principals share and celebrate the successes of their schools.
- Principals are less isolated as they learn with others who have the same role in schools.
- Principals practice various methods of engaging their staffs in change initiatives.
- Principals continue to develop and enhance their instructional leadership capacity.
- Principals develop skills and understandings related to their own leadership learning needs.
- Principals learn how to expand the leadership capacity of the teachers in their schools.
- Participants' Feedback
“Today’s activities were incredibly effective for me: Conversations brought shape to my nebulous, partially developed thoughts. Role-play pushed me to the very edge of my comfort zone and helped me develop my ability to navigate hard (and important) conversations. I continue to be grateful for the safe culture and sense of camaraderie and community that allows me to be vulnerable and take risks.”
“Today was phenomenal, as always! I have become more aware (and have lots of work to do) around systems thinking. The coaching stems were so amazing, and I will put those to use immediately…I have 3 things to try/implement—a conversation, a protocol, and some classroom visits—SUPER HELPFUL”
“TLN activities and conversations give me permission to stretch my thinking and to be more creative in problem-solving.”
“Sometimes it’s good to just realize we are not alone. When I talk through challenges and problem solve it helps me to be a better leader.”
“What I appreciate the most about TLN is that it’s a ‘time-out’ from the pressures of leading a school. It’s a chance to catch my breath and reflect on my approach to the work.”
“The support TLN provided shaped my leadership for the better. In addition, I have made professional relationships with these individuals. I have a sounding board that is an email or phone call away. Creating a professional network is vital to any leadership position, and I am grateful that the TLN helped to facilitate ours.”
2023-2024 TLN Schedule
TLN Kick-off Education Summit - Augusta, Maine
- Wednesday, August 9, 2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
TLN Gatherings In Person
- September 22, 2023 - 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
- December 8, 2023 - 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
- March 8, 2024 - 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
- May 17, 2024 - 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
TLN Remote Meetings
- October 13, 2023 - 8:30 am - 11:00 am
- January 12, 2024 - 8:30 am - 11:00 am
TLN Regional Meetings - Weeks of
- November 13th, 2023 - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- February 12th, 2024 - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- April 15th, 2024 - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The registration fee for this year’s TLN participation is $295.00. TLN Registration includes the August 9th Summit Kick-Off session and nine (9) monthly sessions. (See schedule above.) The fee covers the cost of materials, participant resources, and food for the in-person events.