Wellness Resources for Employees, Retirees, and Members of the State of Maine Health Plans
- Programs available for Active Employees
- Programs available for Retirees not on Medicare
- Programs available for Medicare Retirees
Check out some of the exciting resources available to you!
State of Maine Resources:
- Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry
- Historic Sites: Maine’s State Historic Sites are managed just like its state parks but with some additional rules. Follow the link to find out more!
- Public Reserved Land: Some of Maine's most outstanding natural features and secluded locations are found on Maine's Public Lands. The more than half million acres are managed for a variety of resource values including recreation, wildlife, and timber.
- State Parks: Provides thousands of miles of hiking trails, multi-use trails and beaches, plus ocean and lake swimming.
- Camping: Camping at Maine State Parks & Public Lands.
- Trail Activities: Whether you hike, bike, or ride ATVs or snowmobiles we have trails at the ready year round! Choose between family friendly trails and more challenging remote locations, including sections of the Appalachian Trail for hikers.
- Water Activities: Whether you prefer salt or fresh water, ponds and lakes, or rivers Maine State Parks and Public Lands provides some of the best locations in Maine for boating, sailing, paddling, and swimming. Our featured pages will help you plan your visit. Use our Find Parks and Lands search feature to mix and match activities & facilities we offer.
- Maine State Park Passes, Fees & Rules
- Portland Trails: A network of trails in the greater Portland area.
- Kennebec River Rail Trail: A 6.5-mile public trail that runs alongside the existing railroad bed and the Kennebec River. The trail connects the communities of Gardiner, Farmingdale, Hallowell, and Augusta.
- Cycling in Maine: Learn about bike safety, where to ride, bike clubs, bike shops and equipment and much more!
- ADA Visitor Accessibility: A guide to access features available at Maine's State Parks and Historic Sites.
Have a wellness success story to share? We'd love to hear from you! Wise & Well Nomination Form (PDF)
WellStar ME Wellness Resources:
- Summer Toolkit - (PDF)
- Winter Toolkit - (PDF)
- Glossary of Health and Wellness Terms - (PDF)
- Health and Wellness Resource Toolkit - (PDF)
- National Diabetes Prevention Program
Are you a member of the State of Maine Health Plan? If so, learn more about the Preventive Care Coverage available to you. Most of the covered preventive services like mammograms, routine eye exams, etc. are provided at a low or even no cost to the plan members!
State of Maine Wellness Plan Vision: "Working to support wellness and informed decisions resulting in healthy members."