2022 Open Enrollment is from November 8th, 2021 until November 19th, 2021.
Flexible Spending Accounts ("FSA") are accounts where you can set aside money PRE-TAX to help pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses and/or daycare expenses.
By signing up to save pre-tax for your health care expenses within a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA) you will not be charged an administration fee. If you add a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA) along with an HCFSA, that fee will be waived as well. Only enrollees in a solo DCFSA will incur a small monthly charge of $2.35.
To enroll within the 2022 FSA program, you will need to login or create an account on the P&A website using your TAMS ID+00. Example: A12345600. If you are unsure of your TAMS ID, please reach out to your departments Human Resources representative.
The 2022 maximum annual contribution amounts are as follows:
- HCFSA: $2,850
- DCFSA: $5,000
Additional FSA Program Benefits:
- Automatic roll-over of up to $570 of unused HCFSA dollars from year-to-year (roll-over is not available for DCFSA)
- Easy-to-use debit cards for both health care and dependent care expenses
FSA Plan Administrator: www.padmin.com 1-800-688-2611 (Monday-Friday 8:30am-10:00pm EST)
To view your account, go to the www.padmin.com.
Temporary IRS Provisions:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The State of Maine Health Plan has adopted the following temporary IRS rulings and active State of Maine employees may now:
- Carryover all unused balances in FSA health care and dependent care accounts from 2020 to 2021 and from 2021 to 2022
- Increase or decrease their contributions for the 2021 FSA FSA Program Year (During the week of February 22nd, 2021 through March 1st, 2021)
- Enroll in the 2021 FSA program (During the week of February 22nd, 2021 through March 1st, 2021)
Temporary IRS Ruling Resources: