2021 annual open enrollment period for the health, dental and vision insurance plans begins on May 10th, 2021 and ends May 24th, 2021. Changes made during open enrollment are effective July 1, 2021 provided that your application and required documentation (if applicable) was received by 4:30 pm, Monday May 24th, 2021.
We've created multiple options for the submission of open enrollment applications and required documentation. The available options include:
- Option 1: An online application that can be completed and submitted along with required documentation using a secure application portal.
- Option 2: A PDF version of the application that can be printed, completed, scanned and emailed or mailed back with required documentation. *Important note: Please use this option only if you intend to email the completed application from your SOM email using SOM intranet.
- Option 3: By Request Only: A hard copy of the application mailed to your home, completed and mailed back with required documentation.
- Updated Premiums
- The State Employee Health Commission recently voted to mitigate this increase through a “premium holiday,” which will ultimately decrease the total annual cost to the employee. Details and timing for the premium holiday are still being finalized and will be published here as soon as possible.
- The pharmacy benefit manager is changing to MedImpact as of July 1, 2021. Plan members will receive new pharmacy and medical ID cards by mail and these new cards will be effective as of July 1, 2021.
- Under the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, your first primary care physician office visit and first behavioral health office visit for the plan year are now covered 100%. Remember, preventive care services are already covered 100%.
- No changes will be made to the out-of-pocket maximums. The copay amounts for in-person office visits, walk-in clinics, emergency room, and prescriptions* will remain the same. *Note the formulary (list of covered medications) will continue to be updated every July 1st and January 1st.
- Premiums (No changes for July 1st)
- No coverage changes.
- Updated Premiums
- No coverage changes