Dear State of Maine Employee,

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve sustained an injury while working for the State of Maine. Please allow us to assist you to obtain medical treatment for your injury. 

Step 1:  Notify your supervisor of your injury immediately upon occurrence or onset of any injury. Your Supervisor will be a key player in your recovery process. Please keep them informed of your medical appointments and medical restrictions throughout the treatment process.

Step 2:  Contact your Departmental workers’ compensation designee. Your Departmental Workers Comp Designee can answer your basic workers’ compensation questions and schedule you for an appointment with an occupational medical provider usually the same day you call them.

A copy of your First Report of Occupational Injury will be mailed to you along with an informational letter shortly after reporting your injury.

You are entitled to mileage reimbursement from your place of employment to the medical provider office and back to your place of employment.  The Mileage Expense Reimbursement Form (PDF) contains the current mileage rate.

Please see our Information for Injured Employees (PDF).

Need more help?

If you need additional assistance, Living Resources is available to all employees.