Health Premium Credit Program
Due to Covid-19 the Office of Employee Health and Benefits will be modifying the Health Premium Credit Program. The Health Premium Credit Program will be extended through September 30, 2020. Updates will be made to this website as more information becomes available.
What does this mean?
- Employee Health and Benefits will maintain the Health Premium Credit effective 7/1/19 for all health plan members currently receiving the credit until September 30, 2020. This extension will allow employees that have not had the opportunity to obtain their health numbers or vision visits to meet the criteria for the 2020-2021 plan year.
- Employees who had not received the 2019-2020 health premium credit but have competed the 2020-2021 health premium credit criteria by 11:59 pm on April 30, 2020 will begin to receive the credit effective July 1, 2020.
- Employees that have completed the Health Premium Credit after April 30, 2020 and before 11:59 on September 30, 2020 will start to receive the credit as of November 2020, effective retroactively to July 1, 2020.
- Employees enrolling in the health plan after April 30, 2020 are not eligible to receive the health premium credit during the July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 plan year.
- Employees must submit any Health Premium Credit appeals by 11:59 pm on December 4, 2020.
- The health credit must be completed by employees each year to obtain the health premium discount. Employees that may have completed the credit in 2019 but choose not to complete the credit in 2020 by September 30, 2020 will see a change in their premium deductions as of November, 2020.
The requirements for both primary subscriber (e.g. State of Maine employee) and covered spouse/domestic partner are:
- Log on to WellStarME and
- Complete the Wellness Questionaire at WellStarME and
- Watch the Benefits video and take a short quiz at WellStarME (The first question will appear once the video has ended.) and
- Choose one of the following: