Health Premium Credit Program
Due to Covid-19 the Office of Employee Health and Benefits will be modifying the Health Premium Credit Program. The Health Premium Credit Program will be extended through September 30, 2020. Updates will be made to this website as more information becomes available.
What does this mean?
- Employee Health and Benefits will maintain the Health Premium Credit effective 7/1/19 for all health plan members currently receiving the credit until September 30, 2020. This extension will allow employees that have not had the opportunity to obtain their health numbers or vision visits to meet the criteria for the 2020-2021 plan year.
- Employees who had not received the 2019-2020 health premium credit but have competed the 2020-2021 health premium credit criteria by 11:59 pm on April 30, 2020 will begin to receive the credit effective July 1, 2020.
- Employees that have completed the Health Premium Credit after April 30, 2020 and before 11:59 on September 30, 2020 will start to receive the credit as of November 2020, effective retroactively to July 1, 2020.
- Employees enrolling in the health plan after April 30, 2020 are not eligible to receive the health premium credit during the July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 plan year.
- Employees must submit any Health Premium Credit appeals by 11:59 pm on December 4, 2020.
- The health credit must be completed by employees each year to obtain the health premium discount. Employees that may have completed the credit in 2019 but choose not to complete the credit in 2020 by September 30, 2020 will see a change in their premium deductions as of November, 2020.
The requirements for both primary subscriber (e.g. State of Maine employee) and covered spouse/domestic partner are:
- Log on to WellStarME and
- Complete the Wellness Questionnaire on WellStarME and
- Watch the Benefits video and take a short quiz on WellStarME (The first question will appear once the video has ended.) and Complete one of the following "My Health" options:
- Get your numbers from a free-standing lab (Please note: your primary care provider must send a lab order to your preferred lab.)
- Get your numbers from your primary care provider
- Have a vision exam
- Health screening at MaineGeneral by appointment only
- "My Health" Options
- A list of free-standing labs covered by the State of Maine Health Plan
- A list of vision providers covered by the State of Maine Health Plan
- Various health screening dates at MaineGeneral
- These offered health screenings are for the 2020 Health Premium Credit Program.
- If you have already received your numbers from an on-site health screening between May 2, 2019 and August 26, 2020 please do not attend another on-site health screening. Your numbers have already been captured for the 2020 program year.
- You will not be screened if you try to attend another on-site health screening during this program year.
- If your primary care provider has expressed potential Covid-19 risks with you, please reach out to WellStarME to discuss your Health Premium Credit Program requirement options.
- MaineGeneral health screenings will not be able to be scheduled less than 48 hours in advance. This allows MaineGeneral to contact members via phone 24 hours prior to the appointment to do a Covid-19 pre-screening.