The State of Maine administers three Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Mitigation Grant Programs. See our:
See the links to the right for more information on these FEMA programs:
- Pre-Disaster Mitigation Assistance Program (PDM) This is an annual grant opportunity that is not disaster related. PDM is nationally competitive.
- Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) This is an annual grant opportunity for properties insured under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). FMA is nationally competitive.
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) These are post disaster grants that become available after a Presidential disaster declaration. The application process is administered by the State. HMGP is competitive statewide.
If a grant program is open for application, an announcement will be posted on the Mitigation program front page.
Below are the parts of the HMGP application. Please contact the State Mitigation Officer before developing an application. (See our MEMA Staff page for contact information.)
Hazard mitigation projects are actions taken to protect property.
Typical project types in Maine include:
- Generators for critical facilities
- Culverts / drainage upgrades
- Bank Stabilization
- Acquisition / demolition
We welcome your comments and questions: please contact us.