Child Development Services accepts referrals online, by phone or by fax.
The following information is required when referring a child to CDS:
- the child’s name,
- date of birth,
- physical address,
- with whom the child lives,
- the area(s) of concern and any diagnosed conditions,
- the parent(s) or guardian(s) name(s),
- mailing address and phone numbers,
- the referral source’s name and contact information.
- If known, the child’s primary healthcare provider and any other agencies working with the child and/or family should be noted.
Within three business days of receiving the referral, a representative from the CDS regional site serving the town in which the child resides will contact the parent/guardian to gather more information and discuss the concerns, provide information about CDS and determine the family’s interest in scheduling any screenings or evaluations to determine if the child is eligible for services.
- Online Child Find Intake Submission Form. Please use this form to submit referrals online only.
By fax to 207-624-6661. You must include the Child Find Intake Form. Download as a fillable PDF.
By phone. Call us at 877-770-8883.
Request for CDS to share child records
CDS applies the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regarding confidentiality of child records and may not share information without written permission from the parent or guardian. As a referral source, if you would like CDS to share information with you regarding your referral, please complete the Authorization to Request and/or Share Information and Records (PDF, 73KB). This form must be signed by the parent or guardian and included with the referral.